WARSAW, Ind. (WFFT) - The Indiana State Police is investigating an officer involved shooting in Warsaw.
ISP said the Warsaw Police Department was called to a home on the 1800 block of Michaels Street around 7:30 p.m. for an unwanted party because the people who live there didn't know the person.
The person left before police arrived was walking in traffic on Old Road 30 (Lake Street).
Troopers said the suspect tried to get into cars as they drove by when a Warsaw Police officer found the suspect.
During this encounter the suspect began to struggle with the officer.
The officer tried to use his Taser, but it didn't have an effect, so the officer shot the suspect in the arm.
The suspect's injuries were not life threatening.
The officer was not injured.
- Indiana State Police investigating Warsaw officer-involved shooting
- Indiana State Police investigating two Wabash Co. police-involved shootings
- Police investigate officer-involved shooting in Huntington
- EF-1 tornado hits Warsaw
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- Police investigating officer involved hit and run
- Officer-involved shooting in Kendallville
- Warsaw man dies after hitting school bus
- Man shot near Creighton and Warsaw
- Police investigate shooting