UPDATE: A suspicious death in Wabash County Wednesday has been ruled a homicide.
An autopsy conducted at Parkview Hospital in Wabash determined that the death of 22-year-old Jordan Richards of La Fontaine, Indiana was a homicide caused by a gunshot wound.
LA FONTAINE, Ind. (WFFT)- A suspicious death Wednesday morning in Wabash County.
"Today at approximately 9:30 this morning, Wabash County Sheriff's Department responded to a 911 reporting a possible death at that address," said Indiana State Police Peru District 16 Public Information Officer Sgt. Tony Slocum.
The house is in the 100 block of Clear Creek Drive in La Fontaine, Indiana. 22- year-old Jordan Richards, who lived in the house was found dead inside. Richards had a medical condition that required a nurse check on him two times a day.
"So far, in the preliminary findings, its revealed a home healthcare nurse who was making daily check on Richards allegedly found him deceased," said Slocum.
Although Richards had a medical condition, detectives believe he died under suspicious circumstances.
"Evidence indicates that he did not die of natural causes."
Police do not yet know the cause of death, but say they will be waiting on information from the coroner's office.
"Due to not having an autopsy, and further investigation being required, we do not know what the cause of death is at this time, " said Slocum.
The investigation is a joint investigation with the Indiana State Police Peru district, and the Wabash County Sheriff's Department.
"The ongoing investigation is in its infancy stage, but officers are treating his death as suspicious."
Anyone with information on Jordan Richard's death is encouraged to contact the Indiana State Police Peru Post or the Wabash County Sheriff's Department.
- Suspicious death in La Fontaine rule a homicide
- Toddler's death ruled a homicide
- Shooting death ruled a homicide; victim identified
- New Haven woman's death ruled a homicide
- Suspicious Death Investigation in Wabash County
- Victim identified in Baxter Street death investigation, death ruled a homicide
- Toddler death ruled a homicide, mother charged, police searching for person of interest
- Aunt of homicide victim speaks out about toddler's death
- Indiana woman convicted of reckless homicide in 3 deaths
- Allen County Coroner: 5-month-old boy's death is a homicide