FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The "Take Back" initiative seeks to prevent prescription drug abuse and theft through proper disposal of prescription drugs.
Collection sites will be set up nationwide for expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs which will be properly disposed of without threat to the environment.
Fort Wayne Police were at the 6002 St. Joe Center Road Kroger location collecting unwanted medication Saturday.
This program is for liquid and pill medications. Needles, new or used, will not be accepted for disposal. This service is free and anonymous.
- Indiana State Police hold 'Drug Take Back Day' drop off
- Indiana State Police hold memorial for officers past and present
- Indiana State Police posts accepting Rx drugs on Saturday
- Indiana panel backs dropping 'opt-in' requirement for sex ed
- Indiana State Police K9 retires
- Office of AG Curtis Hill holds drug take back
- Zoo holds enrichment day
- Indiana sees drop in fraudulent tax returns
- Fort Wayne state troopers announce DEA Drug Take Back Day locations
- Fort Wayne getting ready for National Drug Take Back Day