KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (NEWS RELEASE) - At the request of Kosciusko County Sheriff Kyle Dukes, the Indiana State Police has been requested to investigate the death of a male inmate at the Kosciusko County Jail.
The state police were contacted, on April 8, 2019, after an inmate was discovered unresponsive in his jail cell around 1:00 p.m. Once the inmate was discovered, CPR was attempted but was unsuccessful. The inmate was transported to the Kosciusko Community Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
This is an ongoing investigation and no other details will be released at this time.
The identity of the inmate will be released pending family notification. An autopsy is scheduled to be performed.
The Indiana State Police were assisted by the Kosciusko County Coroner's Office and the Kosciusko County Sheriff's Office.
- Indiana State Police investigating inmate death at Kosciusko County Jail
- Indiana State Police to conduct sobriety checkpoint in Kosciusko County
- Kosciusko County Jail gets new body scanner to detect contraband
- Flooding hits Kosciusko residents
- Indiana AG Curtis Hill announces drug rehab program at Kosciusko County Jail
- Kosciusko County officials investigate traffic crash near Etna Green
- Many Indiana counties face jail crowding with inmate shift
- Burglary suspects arrested in Kosciusko County
- Five arrested in Kosciusko County drug bust
- Police investigating baby's death