FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Indiana Michigan Power is changing its disconnection messaging.
In addition to receiving a written notice about a pending disconnection, customers will also receive an automated message explaining options that are available.
Customers can call I&M to confirm it is a legitimate call and not a scam by calling one of the utility's three customer service centers at (866) 715-3526, (800) 311-4634 or (800) 311-6424.
If a call directs you to call another number, I&M said it is a scam and customers should report it immediately.
I&M will never ask a customer to purchase a gift card or use other questionable means of paying their bill.
Customers can also check their bill status online or through the Indiana Michigan Power app.
- Indiana Michigan Power to follow up disconnection notices with automated call
- Regulators approve Indiana Michigan Power rate hike
- Indiana Michigan Power is sending a warning to its customers
- Indiana Michigan Power kicks off their United Way campaign
- Flooding cuts power for many in Indiana and Michigan
- Public hearings for Indiana Michigan Power rate hike proposal scheduled
- Indiana Michigan Power customers can get help paying cooling bill
- Indiana Michigan Power asking regulators to approve second rate hike in two years
- The top of Indiana Michigan power is getting ready for the fireworks