FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Indiana Michigan Power customers having a hard time paying their electric bill may get some help from their neighbors.
I&M customers have donated more than $10,000 to help out other customers through the Neighbor-to-Neighbor program.
Now the program is accepting applications from income-qualified Hoosiers for one-time assistance in paying their I&M bill during July or August.
Customers can apply to the agency that serves their county:
ALLEN, DeKALB, STEUBEN, WHITLEY: Brightpoint, 800-589-3506
BLACKFORD: Muncie Mission, 765-288-9122
DELAWARE: Indiana Community Action Program-Delaware County, 765-288-8732; or Muncie Mission, 765-288-9122
ELKHART, MARSHALL, ST. JOSEPH: REAL Services, 574-232-6501; or Brightpoint, 800-589-3506.
GRANT: Indiana Community Action Program-Grant County, 765-573-5193
HENRY: Indiana Community Action Program-Henry County, 765-529-4403
LaPORTE: Brightpoint, 800-589-3506; or North Central Community Action Agency, 219-872-1201
MADISON: Indiana Community Action Program-Madison County, 765-298-8086
OTHER INDIANA COUNTIES: If your county is not listed, you may call an agency in a neighboring county.
- Indiana Michigan Power customers can get help paying cooling bill
- Indiana Michigan Power is sending a warning to its customers
- Regulators approve Indiana Michigan Power rate hike
- Flooding cuts power for many in Indiana and Michigan
- Public hearings for Indiana Michigan Power rate hike proposal scheduled
- Indiana Michigan Power kicks off their United Way campaign
- Indiana Michigan Power asking regulators to approve second rate hike in two years
- The top of Indiana Michigan power is getting ready for the fireworks
- Indiana Michigan Power to follow up disconnection notices with automated call