FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Indiana Department of Natural Resources has placed lakes/lake chains in several counties across the state under boating restrictions ahead of Memorial Day Weekend due to recent weather events.
As of Friday, the DNR has the following restrictions in place:
Rainfall total from May 17 - May 20, 2020
- Oswego Lake in Kosciusko County - idle speed restriction.
- Barbee chain of lakes in Kosciusko County - idle speed restriction.
- Tippecanoe and James (Little Tippecanoe) Lake in Kosciusko County - idle speed restriction.
- Indian Lakes chain in LaGrange County - idle speed restriction.
- West Lakes chain of lakes in Noble County (Jones, Steinbarger, Tamarack and Waldron) - idle speed restriction.
- Knapp Lake in Noble County - idle speed restriction.
An idle speed restriction is put into effect when surface water conditions are likely to enter dwelling structures as a result of a wake.
For information on Indiana boating advisories, visit the DNR website.
For more information on this weekend's weather visit the FOX 55 Severe Weather Center.