Photo Gallery 2 Images
INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) — The Indiana State Department of Health reported 440 new positive COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, which brings the total to 8,955 people.
The state also reported 49 new deaths, bringing the total to 436 deaths across the state.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
The Allen County Department of Health announced there are now 196 positive cases and 18 deaths as of Wednesday.
There have been a total of 48,496 people tested in Indiana.
Marion County leads the state with 3,204 confirmed cases.
The Steuben County Department of Health announced Wednesday that two more residents have recovered from their COVID019 sickness.
ISDH announced it will partner with local health officials in Allen County to hold free drive-thru testing clinics for healthcare workers, first responders and essential workers who have symptoms of COVID-19.
Clinics will be held from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. April 13-17 at the following location:
• Ivy Tech, 3800 N. Anthony Blvd., Fort Wayne
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
ISDH says their dashboard has been updated to remove duplicate entries and correct county of residence with data submitted to them.
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website.
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570