Photo Gallery 2 Images
INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) — The Indiana State Department of Health reported 508 new positive COVID-19 cases on Sunday, which brings the total to 7,435 people.
ISDH reported 13 new deaths, bringing the total to 343 deaths across the state.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
The Allen County Department of Health announced there are now 142 positive cases and 12 deaths as of Saturday.
There have been a total of 42,819 people tested in Indiana.
Marion County leads the state with 2,887 confirmed cases.
As the number of novel coronavirus cases continues to rise, the ISDH announced it will partner with local health officials in Allen County to hold free drive-thru testing clinics for healthcare workers, first responders and essential workers who have symptoms of COVID-19.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
ISDH says their dashboard has been updated to remove duplicate entries and correct county of residence with data submitted to them.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website.
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570