Photo Gallery 2 Images
INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) — The Indiana State Department of Health reported 568 new positive COVID-19 cases on Friday, which brings the total to 6,351 people.
The state also reported 55 new deaths, bringing the total to 300 deaths across the state.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
The Allen County Department of Health announced there are now 129 positive cases and nine deaths as of Friday.
There have been a total of 35,040 people tested in Indiana.
Marion County leads the state with 2,600 confirmed cases.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
ISDH says their dashboard has been updated to remove duplicate entries and correct county of residence with data submitted to them.
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website.
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570