Photo Gallery 3 Images
INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) — The Indiana State Department of Health reported 536 new positive COVID-19 cases on Monday, which brings the total to 4,944 people.
The state also reported there are now 139 deaths across the state.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
Allen County Coronavirus cases as if April 5, 2020
There have been a total of 26,191 people tested in Indiana.
Marion County leads the state with 1,956 confirmed cases.
The Allen County Department of Health announced there are now 76 positive cases and four deaths as of Sunday.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
ISDH says their dashboard has been updated to remove duplicate entries and correct county of residence with data submitted to them.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website.
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570