INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) — The Indiana State Department of Health reported 112 new positive cases, which brings the total to 477 people who are officially diagnosed with the COVID-19 Coronavirus across Indiana as of Wednesday morning.
There has been a total of 3,356 people tested in Indiana.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
5 EASY STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHER INDIANA RESIDENTS DURING THE #COVID19 EMERGENCY— Indiana State Department of Health (@StateHealthIN) March 15, 2020
1. Clean and Disinfect
2. Cover Coughs and Sneezes
3. Wash Your Hands Often
4. Avoid Touching Your Face
5. Stay Home if You are Sick and Avoid Close Contact
Play video for more details. pic.twitter.com/NNrYxTQoVZ
Allen County COVID-19 count March 24, 2020
There have been 14 reported deaths as of Wednesday; one in Allen County, six in Marion County, one in Delaware County, one in Hancock County, one in Howard County, three in Johnson County and one in Scott County.
Marion County leads the state with 226 confirmed cases.
Allen County health officials announced there are now seven positive cases as of Tuesday morning.
ISDH says their dashboard has been updated to reflect the following changes based on information provided to them:
- One Marion County case has been moved to Hamilton County
- Two duplicate cases have been removed from the Marion County total
- One Warrick County case has been reclassified as an out-of-state resident
- One Owen County case has been moved to Monroe County
- One Ripley County case has been moved to Franklin County
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website at Parkview.com/covid19screening
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 477, 14 deaths
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 365, 12 deaths
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 259, 7 deaths
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 126, 3 deaths
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 30 with 2 deaths
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 645, 17 deaths
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 981, 24 deaths
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 1,232, 31 deaths
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 1,514, 32 deaths
- Indiana Coronavirus cases increase to 1,786, 35 deaths