Photo Gallery 3 Images
INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) — The Indiana State Department of Health reported 409 new positive cases, which brings the total to 2,565 people who are officially diagnosed with the COVID-19 Coronavirus across Indiana as of Wednesday morning.
There has been a total of 14,375 people tested in Indiana.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
5 EASY STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHER INDIANA RESIDENTS DURING THE #COVID19 EMERGENCY— Indiana State Department of Health (@StateHealthIN) March 15, 2020
1. Clean and Disinfect
2. Cover Coughs and Sneezes
3. Wash Your Hands Often
4. Avoid Touching Your Face
5. Stay Home if You are Sick and Avoid Close Contact
Play video for more details. pic.twitter.com/NNrYxTQoVZ
There have been 65 reported deaths as of Wednesday.
Marion County leads the state with 1,117 confirmed cases.
The Allen County Department of Health announced there are now 46 positive cases and two deaths as of Wednesday afternoon.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
ISDH says their dashboard has been updated to remove duplicate entries and correct county of residence with data submitted to them.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website.
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570