Photo Gallery 3 Images
INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) — The Indiana State Department of Health reported 718 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, which brings the total to 14,395 people.
The state also reported 44 new deaths, bringing the total to 785 deaths across the state.
Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH, the deaths reported Saturday occurred between April 8 and April 24.
There have been a total of 79,774 people tested in Indiana, 18% of those tested are a positive coronavirus case.
Marion County leads the state with 4,727 confirmed cases.
In addition, a total of 87 probable deaths have been reported.
Probable deaths are those for which a physician listed COVID-19 as a contributing cause based on X-rays, scans and other clinical symptoms but for which no positive test is on record.
These deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The Allen County Department of Health announced there are now 426 positive cases and 36 deaths as of Saturday.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
ISDH says their dashboard has been updated to remove duplicate entries and correct county of residence with data submitted to them.
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website.
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570