HAMILTON, Ind. (WFFT) - A man is dead after a possible drowning in DeKalb County.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources said Steuben County Communications was contacted by Hamilton Police just after 10:00 a.m. Saturday and told they were checking on an unattended portable ice fishing sled on Terry Lake.
Officers arrived and found evidence that suggested an ice fisherman had fallen through the ice, and requested emergency crews.
The Angola Fire Department responded and found the body of 45-year-old Robert Penland of Pleasant Lake.
The DNR said anyone who is venturing on the ice should use caution and always have a floatation device.
- Indiana Conservation Officers investigate possible drowning in DeKalb County
- Indiana Conservation Officers investigate snowmobile accident
- Dekalb County police investigate two vehicle crash
- Conservation Officers searching for missing Bloomington man
- DeKalb County considering CFO regulations
- DeKalb County Jail needs repairs
- DeKalb County creating Veterans Court
- Car Crash in DeKalb County
- Roundabout planned for DeKalb County
- DeKalb County manhunt comes up empty, investigation continues