FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - About 300 members of the Fort Wayne-based 122nd Fighter Wing of the Indiana Air National Guard have returned from a three-month deployment at the Kandahar international air base in Afghanistan.
More than 200 relatives and friends greeted them Friday at the Fort Wayne Air National Guard Base after a flight from Pease Air National Guard Base in New Hampshire. One held a sign saying, "I've waited 106 days for this moment ... Welcome Home Daddy!"
The deployed contingent comprises about a third of the fighter wing. It was the wing's largest deployment since 2016.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Indiana Air National Guard unit returns from Afghanistan
- Indiana National Guard soldier dies at Fort Hood in Texas
- Trump to send National Guard to border
- Pentagon identifies US soldier killed in Afghanistan
- United States Air Force Thunderbirds coming back to Fort Wayne for 2019 air show
- Indiana sees drop in fraudulent tax returns
- BP shuts down crude distillation unit in Indiana after fire
- Hot air balloon stolen in Indiana found at Florida festival
- 3 US service members killed in Afghanistan blast
- 2 US troops killed on a mission in Afghanistan