INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) - The IHSAA announced Friday afternoon that they have postponed the boys state basketball tournament, effective immediately. The gymnastics state meet will continue as scheduled, with no fan attendance allowed.
A statement from the IHSAA read:
"Due to the number of schools closing after today for an extended period of time, it has become apparent the IHSAA boys basketball tournament series cannot be completed as scheduled. Subsequently, the boys basketball tournament is postponed immediately.
Saturday's girls gymnastics state finals at Worthen Arena in Muncie will continue as scheduled with no spectators in attendance. Competition will begin at 1 pm ET / 12 pm CT."
A video of IHSAA Commissioner Bobby Cox's announcement can be found here.
- IHSAA Boys State Basketball Tournament Postponed
- IHSAA limits spectators for boys basketball, gymnastics state tournaments
- IHSAA cancels remainder of boys basketball state tournament
- IU postpones spring commencement
- The Locker Room: High School Boys Basketball (2/28)
- Homestead Boys Tennis Prepping for State
- 2020 NCAA Division III Men’s Basketball Tournament to be held at the Coliseum
- Mad Anthony Children’s Hope House scores on 20th annual basketball tournament
- Kenya's top court to hear petition to postpone election
- Hamilton Community Schools postpones first day of school