FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — A former teacher is facing several charges after investigators say he molested one of his students in a classroom.
Police have arrested 39-year-old Eric M. Gerdes on five charges which include:
- Two charges of Sexual Misconduct with a Minor
- Child Molesting
- Vicarious Sexual Gratification
- Dissemination of Matter Harmful to Minors
According to court documents, Gerdes was a teacher at the now-closed Imagine Master Academy in Fort Wayne from 2011-2013.
Police say the victim at the time was a 13-year-old girl.
Gerdes allegedly had the girl give him oral sex several times during that two-year period.
According to the probable cause affidavit, from January-November 2011 Gerdes touched the victim's breasts on her skin with his hands and sucked them.
He also allegedly watched the teenage girl on a video chat while she herself for him several times between January 2011 and November 2013.
Gerdes is out on bond, which was set to $35,000 on Tuesday.
Gerdes is a current teacher, who is on leave, for the Huntington County Community School Corporation which released the following statement to FOX 55:
"It has been brought to our attention that legal action has been taken in regard to an
employee of the Huntington County Community School Corporation. Appropriate
actions were taken by HCCSC Administration immediately upon notification of this
matter. Our number one priority is always the safety and security of our students and
staff members. Due to this being an open investigation, we are unable to comment
- Huntington school teacher arrested on child molestation charges
- Indiana prison official charged with molesting child
- Huntington North art teacher dies
- Adams Central football coach arrested on child molestation charges
- Man charged in Huntington homicide
- Arrest made in Huntington stabbing
- Man charged with child molesting in Kosciusko County
- Huntington man arrested for arson, stalking
- Huntington man arrested after standoff with police
- Parkview Huntington expanding