KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- A Huntington man is behind bars on preliminary charges of stalking and arson near Barbee Lake.
On October 27th, a woman at a home in the 3000 block of 700 East reported a fire causing damage to her home. The blaze was determined to be arson, and caused an estimated $2,500 in damage.
On October 31st, a second fire was reported. This was also ruled as an arson.
After an investigation, police found 37-year-old Trenton C. Bowers of Huntington in the area of the residence with a lighter. Bowers admitted to setting two previous fires and said he had a previous relationship with the woman.
Police booked Bowers into the Kosciusko County Jail Thursday night.
Bowers was an employee with Huntington County Community Schools. The school district released a statement Friday saying Bowers was suspended from employment effective immediately.
- Huntington man arrested for arson, stalking
- Huntington man arrested after standoff with police
- Arrest made in Huntington stabbing
- Man charged in Huntington homicide
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- Huntington North principal resigns
- Man dies in Huntington County crash
- Huntington residents react to explosion
- One dead in Huntington stabbing