HUNTINGTON, Ind. (WFFT) - Huntington County Sheriff's Office K-9 Zeek will receive a bullet and stab protective vest thanks to a charitable donation from non-profit organization Vested Interest in K9s, Inc.
Zeek is expected to get his vest within eight to ten weeks.
Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. is a 501c (3) charity located in East Taunton, MA whose mission is to provide bullet and stab protective vests and other assistance to dogs of law enforcement and related agencies throughout the United States.
Since its inception, Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. provided over 3,500 protective vests, in 50 states, through private and corporate donations, at a value of $5.7 million dollars.
The donation to provide one protective vest for a law enforcement K9 is $950.00.
Each vest has a value between $1,744 – $2,283 and a five-year warranty, and an average weight of 4-5 lbs.
For more information or to learn about volunteer opportunities, please call 508-824-6978. Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. provides information, lists events, and accepts tax-deductible donations of any denomination at www.vik9s.org or mailed to P.O. Box 9 East Taunton, MA 02718.
- Huntington County K-9 receiving protective vest
- Columbia City receiving K-9 vest donation
- Huntington County K9 gets new vest
- Church donates bullet-proof vests to Indiana State Police K-9s
- Huntington County K9 receives donated body armor
- Noble County Sheriff receives K-9 opioid overdose kit
- Local church raising money to protect police K-9s
- Huntington County probation officer sues county judge
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Huntington Police investigate shooting