FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Hundreds of people rang in the new year downtown.
About 200 people braved the frigid cold Sunday night to watch the ball drop outside Parkview Field.
This was the second year for the celebration, but the first with an actual ball.
Organizers made last minute changes because it was so cold.
But that didn't stop people from getting to the ball park early.
"It's just something different instead of being inside watching it on TV. Just thought we'd come out and it's something fun for the kids, see the ball drop," said Matt Chilocte.
Many people at also made sure to make a New Year's resolution.
The most popular one was to get healthier.
- Hundreds celebrate 2018 downtown
- Hundreds gather for gun control rally downtown
- Hundreds head downtown for Vision Walk
- Downtown celebrating 10 years of growth with Parkview Field
- Mother's Day Downtown
- Proximo now open downtown
- Downtown Warren regrouping after fire
- Man dies in downtown crash
- Downtown parking at near capacity
- New downtown restaurant opens Wednesday