TELL CITY, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say an overnight house fire has killed three children under the age of 12 in a small southern Indiana city.
The Indiana Department of Homeland Security says multiple people were inside the home when the fire broke out early Friday in Tell City, on the Ohio River.
The agency says three children died in the fire. WFIE-TV reports that fire officials say the three victims were under age 12. Three other people were taken to a hospital. Authorities have not released information about their conditions.
The Indiana State Fire Marshal is investigating the cause of the fire.
Tell City is about 70 miles (110 kilometers) southwest of Louisville, Kentucky.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- House fire kills 3 children under 12 in southern Indiana
- Swastikas painted at southern Indiana retirement community
- A house in Indiana exploded, killing one person
- 2 brothers, dog die in northeastern Indiana house fire
- Central Indiana boy, 9, dies in overnight house fire
- 2 dead, 1 hurt in northeastern Indiana boarding house fire
- 5 arrested following threat against southern Indiana school
- High Ohio River levels lead southern Indiana casino to close
- Spring snowstorm leaves more than 8 inches in southern Indiana
- Body of missing boy found in southern Indiana river