SUMMERFIELD, Fla. (AP) - Florida authorities have recovered a hot air balloon stolen from its owner in Indiana.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office got a tip Saturday from police in Bloomington, Indiana, that the stolen balloon had been spotted at The Villages Hot Air Balloon Festival.
That tip wasn't full of hot air. In a Facebook post, the sheriff's office said deputies found the multicolored balloon with a grid pattern while checking other balloons participating in the three-day event in Summerfield.
The sheriff's office said the owner did not want to press charges and just wanted his balloon back.
A tow company was called to pick up the balloon so that it could be returned to its owner.
The sheriff's office said it was the first balloon investigation in the agency's 175-year history.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hot air balloon stolen in Indiana found at Florida festival
- Angola Balloons Aloft takes place this weekend
- Indiana toddler dies in hot car
- Balloons released to rise up against domestic violence
- Prince Chapman students experience high-altitude balloon launch
- Michiana Wine Festival kicks off festival season
- Indiana Air National Guard unit returns from Afghanistan
- Suspicious package intended for Cory Booker found in Florida
- Missing cat found five years later in Florida
- 3-year-old central Indiana girl dies in hot car