FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A homeowner was seriously hurt trying to stop an intruder Thursday afternoon.
Police initially did not release details about why they were at the home, but were called to the house in the 12000 block of Coldwater Road around 3:30 p.m.
Detective Adam Griffith with the Allen County Sheriff's Department later told FOX 55 a man came home with his two children to find another man burglarizing his house.
The two men began to fight, but the children waved down a passing car to call 911.
The homeowner was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
No suspect information is available at this time.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Homeowner seriously hurt stopping intruder
- Home intruder dies after confronted by Chicago homeowner
- North Carolina couple mistakes robotic vacuum for home intruder
- Man says an intruder broke into his house, cleaned it and left
- A Texas man fatally shoots intruder and then goes back to bed
- Man hurt in workplace stabbing
- Man critically hurt in crash
- One hurt in mall shooting
- 7-year-old hurt in crash
- Two hurt in Huntington stabbing