FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT) - An early morning crash on Hillegas Road left three people in serious condition and a fourth in critical condition.
Just before 8:00am Friday, authorities received a report of a vehicle driving erratically. Moments later, they were called about the accident on Hillegas Road, just north of West State Boulevard.
Officials with the Allen County Sheriff’s Department say an SUV was northbound on Hillegas Road when it crossed the centerline and sideswiped an enclosed trailer being pulled by a southbound pickup truck.
The SUV then continued northbound and slammed into a southbound passenger car head-on. Three people in the passenger car were seriously injured, the sole occupant of the SUV suffered a serious head injury and was listed in critical condition.
The Sheriff’s Department is still investigating the incident and is expected to release more information by Friday afternoon.
- Hillegas Road head-on crash injures 4
- Hillegas Road bridge reopens
- Hillegas Road Bridge reopened after being closed for several months
- TRAFFIC ALERT: State and Hillegas crash causing delays
- Hillville Road crash kills driver, injures passenger
- Hillegas Road to close for several months for bridge replacement project
- Fort Wayne business is ready for the W. Coliseum and Hillegas road work
- Telephone pole broken at Hillegas, Illinois causes outage
- Curve correction to close intersection of Hillegas and West Coliseum
- Fairmount man injured in Blackford County off-road crash