The Rockford Police Department report that on November 30th 2017, at approximately 10:04 am, they received a call of a male that was slumped over the wheel of his vehicle at TJ’s Grocerette.
Contact was made with the male driver who immediately fled the area, nearly striking a patrol car. The vehicle took off at a high rate of speed, driving recklessly in the Village, and then proceeded to head west bound on US RT 33 at speeds of over 90mph. The vehicle entered Indiana and stop sticks were deployed at US RT 33 and US RT 27.
The driver of the vehicle was able to avoid two sets of stop sticks. The driver, identified as 29 year old Nathan Aaaron Newsom of Ft Wayne Indiana, finally stopped his vehicle in the city of Decatur, Indiana. Narcotics and criminal tools were also located.
Mr. Newsom was taken into custody and extradited back to Ohio where he will face Felony charges. The Rockford Police were assisted by the Adams County Sheriff’s Office, Decatur Police Department and the Indiana State Police.
- High speed chase leads to arrest of Fort Wayne man
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne Police Officer dies after chasing suspect
- Fort Wayne Firefighter arrested at fire station
- Man killed outside Fort Wayne Hotel
- Fort Wayne United leads Choose Success Initiative events
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success