PLYMOUTH, Ind. (WFFT) - Bellmont volleyball downed New Prairie to advance to the 3A volleyball state championship, while Fairfield fell in the 2A semi-state championship to Wapahani.
The Squaws commanded the first two sets in their four set victory over New Prairie Saturday afternoon. Bellmont took sets one and two 25-19, 25-14 before slipping up in the third 17-25. But all was forgiven in the fourth set. The Squaws rolled 25-11 to claim the four set win, and advance to their first state championship since 2010.
Bellmont was led by junior outside hitter Sophie Krull, with 16 kills. Emilee Scheumann had 14, and Meg Saalfrank had 12 to help the cause.
The Squaws will face Brownstown Central in the state final match at Worthen Arena in Muncie next Saturday at 3 p.m.
Wapahani took care of Fairfield 3-0 (25-19, 25-19, 25-22) to end the Falcons' season in the early match on Saturday.
Fairfield was led by Madeline Gawthrop with nine kills. Brea Garber and Madisyn Steele had five and four kills, respectively.
The Falcons finish their season 24-13 overall.
- High School Volleyball: Bellmont Wins, Fairfield Falters in Semi-State
- The Locker Room: High School Football Semi-State Roundup
- Students, staff receive one of a kind trauma training at Bellmont High School
- High School Football: East Noble Ready for Semi-State Match Up with Hobart
- Leo Softball Claims 4A Semi State Title
- The Locker Room Week 10: Norwell vs. Bellmont
- Volleyball Roundup: Bishop Dwenger, Carroll Win Sectional Championships
- Indiana State Police cracking down on semi distractions
- Semi crash causes interstate issues
- Train hits semi crossing tracks