INDIANAPOLIS (WFFT) -- East Noble football's quest for the program's second state championship fell just short on Saturday.
The Knights suffered their first loss of the season to Evansville Memorial in the Class 4A State Championship game.
East Noble led 3-0 at halftime after Joe Painter nailed a 27-yard field goal just before the end of the second quarter, but that would turn out to be their only score of the game.
The Tigers outscored the Knights 21-0 in the second half on their way to the 21-3 win.
Under constant pressure from Memorial's defensive line, East Noble quarterback Bailey Parker threw four interceptions Saturday afternoon.
The Knights came in averaging over 36 points per game on the season, but they were held in check by a Memorial defense that ranks amongst the best in the state.
East Noble finishes the season with a 14-1 record.
- High School Football: East Noble falls short in 4A state title game
- Leo Softball Claims 4A Semi State Title
- High School Football: East Noble Ready for Semi-State Match Up with Hobart
- Bishop Dwenger claims 4A state title in four overtimes
- Concordia Falls in 2A State Title Game
- East Noble parents can track students' bus
- East Noble encouraging students to #saysomething
- East Noble mourning loss of teacher
- Student safety considered in East Noble Middle School design
- Kendallville hopes to repurpose former East Noble Middle School building