HICKSVILLE, Ohio (WFFT) - The Hicksville Police Department is looking for whoever is responsible for setting two fires.
The fires happened Friday morning.
Police say an empty house on the 900 block of Perry Street was destroyed by a fire the started around 5 a.m.
Then around 5:30 a.m., a van was stollen from the 300 block of High Street.
The van was found 11:30 a.m. on the state line after a small fire was set.
Hicksville police chief Mark Denning said the two fires are likely connected to other crimes.
He said in the last two weeks, five vehicles were reported stolen.
"To have a rash of the stolen vehicles all at one time, is not very common at all," said Denning.
If you have any information about the arsons, call the Hicksville Police Department at 419-542-6661.
The Ohio Fire Marshall's Office is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in either arson.
- Hicksville police investigating two arsons set hours apart
- Two arrested after baby dies in Hicksville
- Illegal immigrant accused of Hicksville rape
- Hicksville man dies in lawn mower incident
- Parents, grandparents indicted in death of Hicksville baby
- Hicksville schools installing metal detectors at main entrances
- Hicksville police arrest man for alleged sexual assault of a minor
- Butler Police offer reward for arson info
- Safe Haven Baby Box opens at Community Memorial Hospital in Hicksville
- Police follow footprints in snow to man accused in arson