HICKSVILLE, Ohio (WFFT) - A Defiance County many is dead after a lawnscaping mishap on Sunday.
Just before 7:30 p.m. on July 7th, Defiance County Sheriff was called to 1021 Spencerville Road in Hicksville, Ohio, which is just over the Indiana/Ohio border.
The original call came in as a farming accident, but once on scene, Defiance County Sheriff found that 54 year-old Dayle Sather of Hicksville was operating a lawn mower along a pond when the mower rolled in.
Sather was pronounced dead at the scene by the Defiance County coroner. A cause of death was not released by officials.
- Hicksville man dies in lawn mower incident
- Two arrested after baby dies in Hicksville
- Fort Wayne woman dies after riding lawn mower overturns
- Illegal immigrant accused of Hicksville rape
- Parents, grandparents indicted in death of Hicksville baby
- Hicksville schools installing metal detectors at main entrances
- Expert weighs in on lawn mower safety following death of Fort Wayne woman
- Man surrenders after barricade incident
- Safe Haven Baby Box opens at Community Memorial Hospital in Hicksville
- US soldier dies during training-related incident in South Korea