MONROEVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - The hard work of students at Heritage High School paid off on Monday.
The Special Education department at the school has been collecting, sorting, and packaging bottle caps over the last year, and as a result, the school received a bottle cap bench.
The bench was presented to the Life Skills students at Heritage and the bench is made entirely out of the caps the students collected.
Tom Fox with the Allen County Department of Environmental Management says students learn valuable lessons by collecting the caps.
"It’s a lesson about teamwork. It’s a lesson about working towards a goal, working towards something together. It’s also helping the environment, keeping the plastic out of the landfill and using it for something productive," Fox said.
And this is the last bottle cap bench through the Allen County Department of Environmental Management. They will begin partnering with Buddy Bench programs in the future.
- Heritage High School students earn bottle cap bench
- Jury Pool accepting bottle cap donations for buddy benches
- High school student dies in crash
- Heritage Grad Andrew Saalfrank Drafted by Diamondbacks
- Bottle Works Lofts holds grand opening
- Three students treated for overdoses at North Side High School
- Student arrested for reporting false threat against Fremont High School
- Huntington North High School students attend Future Fair
- High school student dead, several hurt in crash
- DeKalb County high school students act as statues