Fort Wayne, Ind. (WFFT) - Heritage grad and Hoagland, Indiana native Andrew Saalfrank was selected by the Arizona Diamondbacks with the 182nd overall pick in the sixth round of the 2019 MLB Draft Tuesday.
— Justin Prince (@JPrinceFOX55) June 4, 2019
Saalfrank was named the Big Ten pitcher of the year and was also a first team all-conference selection as a junior this season, posting an 8-1 record with a 2.84 earned run average in 15 appearances.
Saalfrank also struck out 98 batters in 73 innings pitched.
- Heritage Grad Andrew Saalfrank Drafted by Diamondbacks
- Snider Grad Reggie Hearn Signs with Lakers
- Concordia Grad McCall Makes Mad Ants Roster
- Heritage High School students earn bottle cap bench
- Heritage Days back in Huntington for 56th year
- FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe steps down abruptly
- Colts QB Andrew Luck announces retirement from NFL
- McCain critiques Trump without labeling him 'draft dodger'
- NIRCC invites public to look at Draft 2040 Transportation Plan
- Federal judge rules male-only draft is unconstitutional