NOBLE COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- Noble County health officials issued a swimming advisory for the west lakes chain area.
The advisory comes after a test result received Friday showed a high E. coli concentration in the sandbar area of Steinberger Lake. Multiple samples were taken Saturday morning to determine if other areas are affected.
You're urged not to swim or let your pets drink from the water until officials can determine the source and extent of the problem.
- Health officials advise against swimming in west lakes due to E. coli
- Health officials advise of swim safety
- Residents dispointed about swim advisory after E. Coli found in lake
- CDC advises US consumers not to eat romaine lettuce because of E. coli concerns
- Flooding returns to the West Lakes
- Boating restrictions lifted on the West Lakes
- It's OK to eat romaine lettuce again as officials declare E. coli outbreak over
- Trump fires national security adviser John Bolton
- DeKalb Health officially joins Parkview Health, becomes Parkview DeKalb Hospital
- Health officials declare ozone action day