FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Hamilton Park Little League now has batting cages at Hamilton Park.
The new cages were dedicated Monday.
The new batting cages are a result of a partnership between the City of Fort Wayne, the Parks & Recreation Department, the TinCaps, and the San Diego Padres through the Play Ball initiative.
League leaders said the new batting cages will allow more teams to practice at the same time.
"We can have one team on the field and we can have another team in the batting cages. This will give us the opportunity to have kids practicing more and not in the house playing video games," said Reggie Williams, Hamilton Park Little League president.
- Hamilton Park batting cages now open
- Promenade Park set to open
- Woman facing charges for starving two dogs locked in a cage together, one eats the other
- Health agency warns of possible rabies exposure from bat
- Metea County Park opens cross country skiing
- Park Center opens "one stop shop"
- Promenade Park opening delayed until August
- People enjoy Promenade Park's grand opening weekend
- Suspect charged in Hamilton Ave. shooting
- Hamilton Community Schools future unclear after vote