AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - Guns are being banned from the DeKalb County Court House under a new ordinance.
There was already a court order banning weapons, but county commissioners felt they needed an ordinance.
The ordinance bans guns, knives and other weapons.
Commissioners told FOX 55 this is the first step in adding more security to the court house, including metal detectors which could come later this year.
- Guns banned from DeKalb County Court House
- DeKalb County creating Veterans Court
- DeKalb County considering CFO regulations
- DeKalb County Jail needs repairs
- Car Crash in DeKalb County
- Roundabout planned for DeKalb County
- Final weekend for DeKalb County corn maze
- DeKalb County justice complex construction delayed
- DeKalb County Community Corrections now using K-9
- Dekalb County police investigate two vehicle crash