Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The latest project is going to be an additional opportunity to connect buildings together downtown.
"With this addition of the connector of of the Conservatory to the Embassy, we're able to now actually physically connect six different buildings from the parking garage to the Hilton to the Convention Center to the Marriott to the Embassy to the Conservatory and perhaps even more in the future," Mayor Tom Henry said.
With events happening all year long at the conservatory, Fort Wayne parks and recreation wants a way to help people brave the elements like Tuesday. That's why the Embassy and Conservatory Connector is being built.
The investment for the connector is $560,000.
Construction is expected to start in May and to be complete in the Fall. They are still working on what the construction and traffic plan will look like.
- Groundbreaking ceremony held for new Embassy and Conservatory connector
- Naturalization ceremony held
- 16th annual police officer memorial ceremony held
- Embassy celebrates 90th birthday
- Butterfly exhibit now open at Botanical Conservatory in downtown Fort Wayne
- Ceremony held to honor War of 1812 veteran
- Tony Bennett to perform at Embassy Theatre
- Mayor Henry holds recognition ceremony
- Fort Wayne Embassy voted one of world's best
- Police arrest Julian Assange at Ecuadorian embassy in London