FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Fort Wayne Police Department responded to an apparent early morning stabbing on Wednesday.
Shortly after 3 a.m. Wednesday officers were dispatched to the 1300 block of Greene St. for the report of an unknown problem.
Police say as they arrived on scene they located a female that appeared to have been stabbed.
They say paramedics arrived on scene and pronounced the victim deceased.
The Allen County Coroner's Office has identified the victim as 49-year-old Stacy Jennings of Fort Wayne.
Jennings is the 25th homicide in Allen County for 2019.
Jennings' cause of death was determined to be multiple stab wounds and the manner of death is homicide.
Police say another female who was inside the apartment was taken to the police station for questioning.
At this time police do not know what the relationship between the two women was.
Crime Scene technicians are processing the scene for evidence.
This incident remains under investigation.
(Note: A previous version of this story indicated the age of Stacy Jennings as 39 according to the coroner, this has been corrected.)
- Greene Street stabbing victim identified
- Victim identified in Greene Street shooting
- Stabbing victim and suspect identified
- Arrest made in Greene Street deadly stabbing
- Roosevelt Drive stabbing victim identified by coroner
- Victim identified in Oxford Street shooting
- Victim identified in Madison Street Shooting
- Fort Wayne woman charged in Greene Street stabbing
- Shooting victim identified
- Coroner identifies shooting victim