Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - It's a great time for ice skating. Just look at the crowd.
"This week, we've done almost 4,000 people who've skated this week alone," Mike Holley, Director of Operations said.
The decent winter weather is attracting people to the ice.
"You can sometimes fall and it's kind of slippery," 8 year old Trinity said.
That's not stopping these folks or the ones who were here prior to Saturday.
"Yesterday we did 1,150 skaters couple of days before that it was 1,450 skaters, so the normal week those are the kind of numbers that we see. When we're doing that in almost one day, it's tremendous," Holley added.
Holley said weather has a whole lot to do with the turnout.
"Last year at this time, I don't know if you remember how cold it was, but this business is completely about the weather and the ice. The ice has been great. the weather has been great."
Emma Shockly didn't get a chance to make it out here last year because of how cold, and icy it was, but she's happy to be among other happy skaters.
"It's kind of crowded out there, but a lot of fun. there's a lot of great energy out there going on from everybody," she said.
She said all you need is a coat, hat, and gloves to have a good time.
The ice skating rink will be open until March 2019.
- Great ice skating season for Headwaters Park so far
- Headwaters Park ice skating ends for the season
- Headwaters Park ice rink opens for 15th season
- Germanfest returns to Headwaters Park
- Headwaters Park ice rink has successful opening weekend
- Skaters enjoy the ice rink at Headwaters Park opening weekend.
- Headwaters Park ice rink to open for 17th season on Saturday
- Developer looking at plans for Headwaters Park parking lot
- Free Labor Day Picnic held at Headwaters Park
- First Veg'n Brew Fest comes to Headwaters Park