Photo Gallery 1 Images
HUNTINGTON, Ind. (WFFT)- The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau that allows businesses to open, craft new beer or wine, or create labeling for a product is currently closed.
Fortunately a lot of business here aren't worried about permits or any of the other things mentioned right now, but as far as future expansions, there's room for concern.
"We're looking to expand. We're going to build on to our structure here. A lot of the government agencies that regulate growth of business or business action like TTB, Department of Homeland Security is heavily involved when you build on a building especially in the state of Indiana, and so those delays how that may affect us are potential problems as well," Eric Harris, owner of Two EE’s Winery said.
The owner of Two EE'S Winery ... Eric Harris, it's unfortunate how the partial shutdown is affecting people, but he's hopeful.
Some wineries in Peru, Indiana and Kokomo, Indiana are already feeling the affects.
"We've had disagreements within our federal political system that seem a little bit like a cat fight and the legislators should be the pawns not necessarily the people that are working on their behalf. so to that extent I don't really want to sit here, and worry personally for my own business. We'll be just fine," he added.
The shutdown started December 21st.
When the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau reopens, businesses who are looking to become established like two ee's winery will have to wait. There will be a backlog of applications to be processed.
- Government Shutdown affecting some breweries and wineries
- Government shutdown affects 122nd Fighter Wing
- Locally Made Monday - Two EEs Winery
- New brewery now open in Fort Wayne
- Congressman Jim Banks discusses moving forward after government shutdown
- McConnell introduces short-term spending bill to avert government shutdown
- People in Fort Wayne react to partial government shutdown
- Indiana issuing food stamps early due to government shutdown
- Local AG industry starting to feel the government shutdown impacts
- Federal government workers in Fort Wayne feeling effects of shutdown