MOUNT VERNON, Ind. (WFFT) – Govenor Eric Holcomb signed two school safety bills Friday at Mt. Vernon High School.
“Ensuring every one of our students has a safe place to learn and grow is of the utmost importance,” Gov. Holcomb said. “The laws I ceremonially signed today will continue to strengthen the safety of schools all over Indiana by taking meaningful steps that will remain locally driven.”
It provides access to more funding for safety equipment, facilitates partnerships with local law enforcement and requires threat assessments in our schools among other things.
SEA 325 allows for schools to create support services to work with children and their parents to support their mental health and well-being.
- Govenor Holcomb signs school safety legislation
- Holcomb wants to boost funding for school safety
- Holcomb signs bill establishing Indiana's official insect
- Holcomb signs bill allowing more baby boxes
- School safety discussed amid legislative session starting back up Monday
- Holcomb plan faulted over school funding hike
- Governor Holcomb pledges to sign Sunday alcohol bill
- Holcomb to sign Sunday alcohol sales bill Wednesday
- Governor Holcomb signs Sunday alcohol bill, residents react
- Holcomb signs bill allowing Indiana sale of CBD oil