NEW YORK (AP) - Rudy Giuliani is saying that he is "quite certain" the president did not know his personal attorney was trying to sell his insight into the president.
Giuliani tells The Associated Press on Friday that President Donald Trump was "surprised" to learn Michael Cohen brokered deals with companies looking to gain his knowledge about the president.
The former New York City mayor is now on Trump's legal team. Giuliani says he asked Trump about one of Cohen's clients, a firm that may have links to a Russian oligarch.
Giuliani says Trump knew "nothing about it." He says he has not yet asked Trump about some of the other corporations.
He says Cohen didn't speak to the president on their behalf, saying, "There doesn't seem to be any involvement with us."
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Giuliani 'quite certain' Trump didn't know about Cohen deals
- Trump Iran nuclear deal decision coming Tuesday
- LaGrange County residents still dealing with flooding
- Local reaction to 'No more DACA deal'
- Mother's Day deal at Cottage Flowers Inc.
- Council members cautiously optimistic about North River deal
- Josh McDaniels backs out of deal to become Colts coach
- Residents deal with aftermath of Canterbury Green apartment fire
- Man arrested for dealing cocaine and resisting law enforcement