FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Young girls in Fort Wayne are focusing on making their dreams a reality through a group, Girlz Rock.
An event Sunday called Catch the Vision was aimed at helping 6th-12th grade girls make vision boards. The girls are encouraged to work toward the goals on their boards.
FOX 55's own Jentill Neal was a keynote speaker at the event. She told the girls about her journey in achieving her journalism goals.
"It's not stuffy. It's not something really strict, but it's more about learning. Learning how to set goals and not just set them; and not just set them, but how to carry them out and how to master them," said Denita Washington, the founder of Girlz Rock.
This was the third year for Catch the Vision.
- Girlz Rock works to empower young girls, encourage them to achieve goals
- Fort Wayne Girls Rock highlights entrepreneurship
- Steel Dynamics pledges support to Junior Achievement
- The tech empowering disabled people in cities
- Skilled To Work: Long term and short term goals
- Schools encourage female STEM involvement
- INDOT prepares for winter roads, encourages drivers
- East Noble encouraging students to #saysomething
- Elizabeth Warren announces labor plan to empower workers and raise wages
- After a foul ball injures a young girl, baseball confronts a dilemma