ROME CITY, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say a child who died at a farm in northeastern Indiana was struck by a skid loader she had fallen from.
The Noble County Sheriff's Department says 4-year-old Alivea L. Kurtz of Wawaka had been riding in the bucket of a skid loader when she fell out Monday afternoon.
Dispatchers helped a caller perform CPR on the girl until medics arrived, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
The sheriff's department says an autopsy showed the girl died of blunt force trauma.
It says the death remains under investigation.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Girl who died at northeastern IN farm fell from skid loader
- Child dies after accident at farm in northeastern Indiana
- Elderly lion dies at northeastern Indiana animal sanctuary
- 2 brothers, dog die in northeastern Indiana house fire
- Feds selling former military depot in northeastern Indiana
- 2 dead, 1 hurt in northeastern Indiana boarding house fire
- Baby dies in DeKalb County farming accident.
- Data show Indiana union membership fell 12.5 percent in 2017
- Fire marshal: Indiana fire deaths fell 10 percent in 2017
- Officers rescue former county commissioner who fell through ice