FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- You never have to go hungry living in the Summit City.
Savor Fort Wayne is allowing restaurants to take advanatage of three course inexpensive menu items so everyone can experience a taste of Fort Wayne.
"It's a pretty good baragin. You know you've got a little extra incentive to get out in this cold weather, Kelly Hankee, Co-Owner of Trubble Brewing, said.
It's one week where you can get a taste of home with special deals and if you're new to the city, it's an opportunity to see what Fort Wayne is serving on a platter.
Amy Bernardi said it's a deal you can't beat.
"All those nice restaurants have the cheaper menus so that poor people like me can go and experience that," she said.
For local businesses like Tucano's Brazilian Grill, this becomes somewhat of a bonding experience to connect with the city.
"I think it's great for Fort Wayne and it generates excitement for all of the restaurants around and really makes it a fun week for everybody," Berry Jenkins, General Manager of Tucano's Brazilian Grill, said.
The general manager of Black Canyon restaurant said this local event is a major part of the businesses success in Fort Wayne.
It's Black Canyon's third year participating and their third year since they've opened.
"It's been great. We've got a lot of great feedback from all of the guest. Everytime we've done it, we've seen an increase in people every time. They like that we've taken our ecclectic menu and narrowed it down to a few choices they can pic from," Josh Crawford said.
Savor Fort Wayne is going on January 10 through the 21st giving locals twelve days to enjoy this flavorful week.
- Get your taste buds ready for Savor Fort Wayne
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Savor Fort Wayne returns this week
- Fort Wayne ready for Sunday alcohol sales
- Fort Wayne Sport Club gets ready for season
- Fort Wayne getting ready for National Drug Take Back Day
- Fort Wayne Urban League getting ready for its 2018 gala
- Fort Wayne ready for NCAA D3 final four this weekend
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo ready to open for 55th season
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page