FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - If you watch FOX 55 for free with an antenna and want to keep watching, you'll have to do a rescan on your TV.
"The wireless companies got some more spectrum allocated to them. That means a lot of us had to move to a new frequency," Chief Engineer for FOX 55 Fred Brunell said.
The FCC held an auction to reallocate TV airwaves for wireless internet services.
Here at FOX 55, we have a new transmitter just in time for rescan day, which is Friday at 1 p.m.
Note, that if you try to do it before Friday at 1 p.m., it won't work.
"We will be changing the polarization of our antenna which will help some viewers pick us up without having to be so fussy about the position of the antenna. They should be able to pick up us up a little bit easier," Brunell explained.
Stations are required to move at different times over the next three years.
That means you may have rescan your TV more than once each time a station changes frequencies.
- Get ready to rescan your TV to keep watching FOX 55
- Antenna users: How to rescan FOX 55
- FOX 55 NFL TV Schedule for 2019-20 Regular Season
- FOX 55 celebrates the Mother's Day Holiday
- FOX 55's top stories of 2018
- Buttigieg takes to Fox News and slams Fox News
- FOX 55 catches surprise proposal at local Kroger
- FOX 55's Justin Prince learns more about his ancestry
- ONLY ON FOX 55: Mother of Albion toddler speaks out
- FOX 55's Full Coverage of National Signing Day