MONROE, Ind. (WFFT) -- Release from Indiana State Police:
The Indiana State Police and the Adams County Coroner’s Office are currently investigating a single-vehicle crash that occurred last night in rural Adams County, claiming the life of a Geneva woman.
At approximately 10:30 p.m. Saturday night, Trooper Anthony Repass was dispatched to investigate a reported vehicle crash on County Road 500 W near CR 100 S, an area five miles west of Monroe.
Arriving on the scene, Trooper Repass found a black 2005 Cadillac passenger car with heavy damage and the driver trapped inside and unresponsive.
Adams County first responders units were called in to assist, however, all efforts to rescue and resuscitate the driver were unsuccessful.
The driver, identified as Megan Sue Masters, 26 years old, of rural Geneva, succumbed to her sustained injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene by the Adams County Coroner.
The initial investigation revealed that Masters vehicle was traveling northbound on CR 500 W just south of CR 100 S.
Her vehicle left the roadway to the right and apparently overcorrected when coming back on the road.
She lost control of the Cadillac, spun around 180 degrees and impacted a concrete bridge abutment on the west side of the road.
Masters was not wearing her seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Excessive speed is believed to be a contributing factor.
An autopsy, to be conducted by the Adams County Corner on Monday, should determine if there were medical conditions or other issues that also may have contributed to this crash.
- Geneva woman killed in Adams County crash
- Two killed in Adams County crash
- Police: Weekend 2-car crash in Adams County killed 4 people
- Paulding woman killed in Defiance County crash
- Adams County standoff ends peacefully
- Adams County officials investigating death of infant
- Woman killed in head-on crash in LaGrange County
- Two crashes on Adams Road in Kosciusko County hospitalizes both drivers
- Rollover crash in Noble County kills one
- Woman dies in Huntington County crash