Genesis Outreach, Inc. is celebrating its 30th Anniversary tonight, June 15th, at The History Center, located at 302 E. Berry Street in Fort Wayne, IN at 7:00 PM.
Genesis Outreach, Inc. is a state and locally certified community housing development organization that was established by Christ Temple Apostolic Church in 1988 and grew out of the minority community in response to its chemically dependent population. At the time, there was increased drug usage and addiction among minority groups, yet most addiction recovery programs and providers were located in communities outside of the inner city and/or in areas physically unobtainable by a great number of addicts needing assistance in overcoming their addictions.
Thus, it was the decision of the founding members to locate the program in the heart of the inner city of Fort Wayne and in 1992, Genesis House became the first transitional facility based in the minority community, operated and managed by a minority staff. It was determined that, to achieve a desired trust and “comfort level” within the community, services must be located in the area of its predominant clientele.
Today, the services provided by Genesis Outreach, Inc., include but are not limited to: addictions support groups, transitional living facility, permanent housing assistance, case management, advocacy, educational assistance, life skills training, employment assistance, food pantry, and clothing bank.
Daily, Genesis Outreach, Inc. serves approximately 400 formerly homeless individuals and families living in Allen County through various emergency, transitional, and permanent supportive housing programs and essential services offered to those who are most in need in our local community.
- Genesis Outreach, Inc. Celebrates 30th Anniversary
- Partee Golf Club celebrates 50th anniversary
- King's Community Outreach presents 7th annual Christmas Festival
- Purdue Fort Wayne hosts 30th annual health fair
- CBD Store prepares to celebrate one year anniversary as industry booms
- FortCon comes to Grand Wayne Center, raises money for Gamers Outreach
- Fort Wayne UNITED and Mayor Tom Henry unveil new outreach video
- Mayor celebrates city workers
- Hundreds celebrate 2018 downtown
- Embassy celebrates 90th birthday