GAS CITY, Ind. (WFFT) – Around 3 a.m. Wednesday the four day search for missing 10-year-old Skylea Carmack has come to a end.
Skylea’s body was located in a shed behind her Gas City home.
She was hidden inside a plastic trash bag.
This morning, Amanda Carmack, 34, was arrested for the murder of Skylea Carmack, neglect of a dependent resulting in death, domestic battery resulting in death, and strangulation.
She is currently incarcerated at the Grant County Jail.
Amanda Carmack was Skylea’s step mother.
Investigators believe Skylea was killed approximately between the hours of 4:30 and 6 p.m., on Saturday, Aug. 31.
They believe she was strangled.
An autopsy will be conducted to verify her cause of death.
The Indiana State Police say they would like to thank everyone who helped search for Skylea.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Gas City girl found dead after four day search
- Missing teen found after search
- New Haven girl found safe
- Woman found dead in apartment
- Missing Kendallville man found dead
- Man found dead in car on city's north side
- Police Search For Driver Who Hit Gas Pump, Sparking Fire
- Fort Wayne police searching for Marathon Gas robbery suspect
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- Coronavirus cases lead to mistrial in case of slain Gas City girl