GARRETT, Ind. (WFFT) - Seven seniors graduating from Garrett High School now have jobs.
Students in the Career Development Program there participated in a signing ceremony Wednesday afternoon. Instead of signing scholarships to play sports in college, they were signing deals for full time employment in the Trades, such as contractors, utilities and plumbing.
This was the first signing day celebration for the Career Development PProgram at Garrett. The instructor says the program is quickly growing with about 20 students planning to graduate next year.
- Garrett students sign on to first jobs
- Officers cleared in Garrett shooting
- Missing Garrett teen found safe
- Career Academy students sign on for new jobs
- Man arrested after Garrett bar fight
- Garrett man taken to hospital after crash
- Deputy, suspect hurt in Garrett shooting
- Two arrested for dealing meth in Garrett
- Anthis students sign on for internships, prepare for jobs out of high school
- The Locker Room Week 10: Concordia Lutheran vs. Garrett