FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The Galloping Gobbler four mile race returned to the University of Saint Francis Thanksgiving morning.
Racers braved the cold for the Fort Wayne tradition. This year there were over 2,000 participants in the race. The first 200 to cross the finish line were given spiced bread.
One runner told WFFT he finished the race in around 28 minutes, and was looking forward to rewarding himself with Thanksgiving dinner.
"Well, I ran a four mile run that way I could start off with negative calories for all the good food to come," said Jeff Garr, a racer.
Racers are encouraged to mark their calendars now for the Gingerbread Pursuit on December 9th.
- Galloping Gobbler 4-miler returns to USF
- Third-Ranked USF readying for Season
- USF opens new outdoor learning place
- USF Men's Basketball Ranked Third in NAIA Preseason Poll
- USF record label announces first band to record
- Johnny Appleseed Festival returns
- Holiday Cab program returns
- Germanfest returns to Headwaters Park
- Safety Village Halloween bash returns
- Holiday Cab returns to Fort Wayne